Sunday, 18 March 2012

Tudor Market Hall - Construction complete, sort of...................

FINALLLY!!  That last 10% really did take the other 90% of the time!  But now I'm happy....sort of......because I've just decided to re-do the chimney.  But this is not a big job and will be done along side getting the internals done.  Now I can bore you all with copious pics, so take a deep breath and here goes!!







Front wall with access to both market area and first floor area.



















This doorway provides access to the  first floor.  I still have to attach the hardware to the doors so they are not permanently installed as yet.

















Side wall with diaper work.






















Back view showing all levels.





















Full side wall.




Lights were all made by Peter and he has installed his flicker unit so the candles flicker - but not in unison!!
The background lighting is provided by LED's imbedded behind beams or whatever else was available!



Market hall area - which I'm sure to have fun filling!

First floor Guild meeting room - the "formal" room!!

Top floor - which will be the general "store" room for the Guild Hall!


Now I'm left with the job of filling the 3 floors with life!  I have already started putting together some McQueenie Miniatures kits for the Guild area as that would be a little more upmarket than the other areas!  I wish I could have had the time to make my own furniture but on this occation, it was not to be.  It will probably take me a few weeks to get the "decorating" done - but it will definitely be going on display at the Sydney Miniature Show being held on May 5 and 6.

When the market hall is filled I will return it to the screen one last time!!  


23 comments:

  1. Wow, Lidi, it is absolutely wonderful!!! Love all your light fittings. Enjoy doing the interiors, the Sydney fair goers are in for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Elga - and yes, I think I will enjoy doing the interiors very much! Hugs -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Está increiblemente real!!!! Un gran trabajo!!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is perfect. I can't wait to see it filled with life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful! You have a superb attention to detail! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Lidi, your attention to detail is perfect and its making me get itchy fingers to start my build.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful house! I hope you enjoy the furnishing, Lidi.
    Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic house I love the brickwork. The lights look wonderful.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! Perfect! The lightings ! I look forward to what will be when equipment!
    Hello: ANDA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is just BEAUTIFUL Lidi. You did such a wonderful job, those bricks are perfect!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see what you add to it.
    I have an overwhelming desire to make sheep (with fleece) for that market. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your kind words.

    Catherine, feel free to make sheep (with fleece) any time you like!! They would really look super in the market area!!

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Lidi! Hope you are proud of yourself. Good luck at the Sydney show. Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lidi, it is absolutely stunning! I wish I could be there at the Sydney Fair to see it but I won't be there this year :( Will it be on display at your shop? Thank you for your good wishes on my blog - I appreciate them.
    Hugs, Sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have done an incredible job! I love this piece. You will have a blast filling it!

      Delete
  15. Preciosa , y acabada en tan poco tiempo, Increíble!!
    Beautiful and finished in such a short time, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lidi, it is fantastic and I love it, so much work and so much detail you are one very talented lady.
    Mini hugs Pauline gsolfot

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks so stunning!! I'm new to this theme, may I ask a question? How do you keep the rows of brick straight and even? I want to try this too but have no idea where and how to start... ;)

    ReplyDelete